They’re a local, Colchester based charity who offer facilities to those who are homeless. If you’re homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or your accommodation isn’t secure, you can get some amazing support from Beacon House. They’re got facilities from laundry services to life skills development and the best part? They really want to take the time to get to know and value the people they’re serving. Three cheers for them!
- Manage the exciting Beacon House Supper Clubs where the homeless people who use Beacon House cook under a head chef, producing delicious food for the public
- Undertake PR
- Build relationships with the press and local people
- So far the Beacon House Supper Clubs have helped to get 4 people who have used Beacon House into permanent, paid work.
- They’ve raised local awareness, had local and regional press coverage and been covered on the radio.
- They’ve also generated income for the charity.
Which we think is pretty awesome.