EES for Schools is part of Essex County Council, their aim is to ensure that schools are able to deliver excellent teaching and pupils are able to undertake excellent learning. They asked us to look at their software service, Target Tracker, to create the pupil face of the brand.
EES for Schools also changed its name in the summer of 2015. A new logo was created, but the challenge was to ensure that an identity was developed that encompassed all communications from logo to letters, pictures to presentations. We needed to write the brand book.
- Developed a series of bespoke amoeba icons to represent school year groups from Reception to Year 6 and subject categories to bring personality and life to their Target Tracker service.
- Developed the brand and guidelines to explain it as the organisation transitioned from being known as Essex Education Services to their new name, EES for Schools, as a new national education resource supplier
- Provided templates for digital and print channels, guides on PowerPoint presentations, stationery layout, use of language, tone of voice, and punctuation, and notes on how to answer the phone
- The fun little amoebas were applied to EES for Schools’ literature for use in schools for pupil assessments and teacher records for every subject on the primary school curriculum – that’s over 130 documents for each pupil throughout their school career!
- We made sure that everything looked top notch and cohesive and it was all detailed in a comprehensive brand book so future designers and projects could stay on brand and on message.